Release Notes Version 1.10.1
- Added a channel selector in the ATVO and Theme Editor Settings window to switch between Stable, Beta and Alpha builds. More explanation below.
- Scripts can now be executed on every data-update automatically by enabling their 'Auto-execute' property. This way the script is executed even if it is not part of a data binding. In this case, the "item" parameter is the Script object (so you can still use that to retrieve the Theme and its contents). The "value" and "parameter" parameters are null. Use the "Execute order" property to control in which order multiple auto-execute scripts will be run.
- Added additional formatting options to the lapcounter special binding, to specify a separate formatting if the time remaining is less than one hour, or less than one minute.
- Added Corner Radius property to all Widget, SubWidget and Label to specify the radius of rounded corners.
- Added more options to retrieve data from a Spreadsheet via scripts. On the Spreadsheet object you can now call 'FindRows' (potentially returns multiple rows) or 'FindRow' (returns the first match). Specify the identifier value you are looking for and the column to search in.
- Added several data bindings for average lap speed: speedfast_mph, speedfast_kph, speedprev_mph, speedprev_khp, fl_speed_mph, fl_speed_kph.
- Added improved error logging.
The new launcher application is practically the same as the old one but with some big improvements:
It supports three separate development channels: Stable, Beta and Alpha. You can subscribe to other channels in the Settings of ATVO or the Theme Editor.
- You can now skip an update, but you will be asked to update every time subsequently).
- The download should now properly show download progress.
- You can view the release notes within the launcher. This is currently not fully working so we will post a link to this thread for now, soon it will support full release notes.
More importantly, the new launcher is the first release of our back-end server which will become very important in the future. You won't see much of this yet at the moment, but if you notice any problems with the launcher (e.g. it cannot connect to our server) please let us know.
From now on we will be working with Stable, Beta and Alpha channels. The different channels mean different branches of development. In short:
- Stable means updates that were tested well, usually also by the users, and are unlikely to contain bugs or incomplete features. Use this to make sure your ATVO installation is stable for example for a big stream. Of course, the time between updates is longer and it may take more time before new features make it to the Stable branch.
- Beta means updates that were reasonably tested, but possibly only by developers. It will be used to release work-in-progress features or bug fixes that require more testing to ensure everything works properly. In general, the Beta channel should also be relatively stable and should not contain broken features, but it is a testing grounds for new updates and therefore could break existing things in theory. Beta channel will see more frequent updates than Stable channel.
- Alpha means updates that are brand new and may not be tested at all. We may release very early new features that cause unexpected problems, or bug fixes that have untested side effects. You can subscribe to Alpha channel to see new features early, but don't use it for real broadcasting work.
If you are on a less stable channel and we release an update on a more stable channel, you will also receive this update. For example, if you are on Alpha channel and we release a Beta update, you will receive that update too. This way you won't miss any updates that skip Alpha or Beta.
What channel should I pick?
In general, you should stay on the Stable branch if you are actually using ATVO on a regular basis.
If you are only using ATVO or the Theme Editor for developing a theme and you are not going to use it soon for a real broadcast, you could consider switching to the Beta channel so you get more frequent updates. This way, you can also help us debug new features or bug fixes and help us release Stable updates more quickly.
If you are curious about fresh updates, you can consider the Alpha branch. Usually we will try to post an update on the forum about an upcoming Alpha branch so you can temporarily switch if you want to.
Switching between channels
Switching channels can be done whenever you want. To switch between channels all you need to do is start ATVO or Theme Editor and go into the Settings. Under the Updates tab you can select the desired channel. Close ATVO or the Theme Editor, and restart them as usual (via the launcher).
The launcher will detect the changed channel, and will "update" you to the new channel. This could be a downgrade in version in case you are going from a less stable to a more stable version (e.g. from Alpha to Stable).
Time estimation update
I am working on improving the time estimation and have found some problems with our lap counting. This is not finished yet and is not in the update 1.10.1. However, I will try to release this soon as a Beta build as version 1.10.2. I'll let you know when that is done, but it will also serve as a test to see if you can receive beta updates.
- Next >>